- Score changes - see below for changes from the old version of The Armed Man.
- On 12 November we rehearsed Jenkins: nos. 13, 3, 1 and 4 (tenors and basses).
- On 19 November we will rehearse Jenkins: nos. 5, 6, 7, 8 and Vivaldi: from no. 6 or 7 onwards.
- From 26 November be prepared to rehearse any or all of the two works we're performing!
- We would welcome one or two more non-singers to help with front of house arrangements for 7 December. Please see Pauline if you know someone who can help.
- Our recent coffee evening raised £202 - well done and thank you everyone!
- Help the choir to raise funds through Easyfundraising
- See our rejuvenated Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ExeterChoral or search for @ExeterChoral on Facebook.
15 November Friday 7.00 for 7.30 pm, Quiz evening at St Luke's Church Rooms, Countess Wear - see Gill M (alto)
26 November Monthly drinks/social after rehearsal at George's Meeting House, South Street - all welcome!
3 December Last rehearsal at Palace Gate for Autumn Term
6 December Friday 2.00 pm, set up staging at Southernhay URC
7 December Saturday 2.00 pm, Rehearsal at Southernhay URC
7 December 7.30 pm, Concert at Southernhay United Reformed Church, Karl Jenkins The Armed Man and Vivaldi Gloria
7 January 7.15 pm, Rehearsals commence for Spring Term
18 February Half term, NO rehearsal
24 March Coffee evening after rehearsal
14 April Easter week, NO rehearsal
7 May Thursday rehearsal at St James' Church (NO rehearsal on Tuesday 5 May)
8 May Concert at St James' Church Rutter Requiem and Poulenc Gloria
Score changes from older versions of The Armed Man vocal score.
- Page 6 bar 41, page 9 bar 63, page 11 bar 78. All voices. Accents over both notes
- Page 44 bar 8, Alto should be G not D. Tenor should be D natural not B
- Page 45 bar 13. All voices comma after ‘legions’
- Page 46 bar 29 all voices froward not forward
- Page 51 bar 34 and page 52 bar 38 all voices. Check should be clangour.
- Page 119 bar 142. All voices. ff on the first note then a pause over the last rest of the bar.
Available from Choraline or other retailers. For 10% discount from Choraline please contact the Secretary for the code.
See also for The Armed Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8bc-bA1JM&list=PL292A2AE7B9FD983A
and for the Gloria: http://www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works/Vivaldi_A/vivaldi_gloria.htm.
The Trustees ask that choir members should aim to attend at least 75% of the rehearsals for any one concert if they wish to sing in the performance, or be otherwise sufficiently rehearsed.
It would be helpful if returning members who have missed a year or more could please contact the Secretary before returning to rehearsals so that we can welcome you and add you to our mailing list. Thank you.
Please help support Exeter Choral Society by shopping online.
Use easyfundraising to shop with over 3,600 retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com, eBay, Boden, and M&S.
Every time you shop, you’ll raise a free donation for Exeter Choral Society every time, it’s that easy!
Find out more: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/exeterchoralsociety/
Christine (tenor), Chair
Michelle (alto), Secretary
Yvonne (alto), Treasurer
Thank you to those of you who kindly help with tasks including running coffee evenings, selling cakes or raffle tickets, setting up our staging, librarian, box office and concert management to name but a few. Your help is greatly appreciated by all in the choir. More helpers are always welcome.
Past concerts and charity collections:
December 2018 - Mendelssohn Elijah
A successful venture returning to Southernhay Church (we last performed there in 2012). Many thanks to all who helped with our new staging both before and after the concert. Our collection for Guide Dogs was much appreciated.
May 2018 - A celebration concert, in our 75th anniversary year
Music included Mozart Coronation Mass, Handel Coronation Anthems, Haydn Little Organ Mass
A glorious celebration with a full house! Our collections raised a very much appreciated £663 for Exeter, Mid & East Devon Samaritans. Thank you everyone!
November 2017 concert with our partners from Exmouth and Wellington - Vaughan Williams A Sea Symphony
At the end of an amazing evening in Exeter Cathedral, the retiring collections raised over £1300 for Exmouth RNLI - thank you to all our supporters for your generosity to this amazing charity 'saving lives at sea'.
May 2017 concert - Handel Messiah
Our collections raised a much appreciated £440.27 for SnackPack. We received many comments about how much performers and audience enjoyed the evening, our packed audience even giving us a standing ovation!